1. Two amazing golf courses, the Links and the Harbor are both in championship condition; each offers a completely different challenge. The Links is longer with some great Ocean views and a little more forgiving off the tee. The Harbor is short tight and strategic with six par threes, but don’t be fooled into thinking short is easy. The last two long par fours around the salt marsh can easily bite you.
2. The beaches are amazingly beautiful.
3. The wide range of the accommodations. Choose from hotel rooms, condos and homes depending on how big or small your party is; everyone get exactly what they want.
4. The food, especially at Coastal Provisions where you can delight in the low country seafood specialties the area is famous for, including some amazing shrimp, crab and fresh fish.
5. The wide range of local micro brews including our favorite, the Coastal IPA.
6. This is an unusual one because when people write about golf courses they very rarely fall in love with the surrounding real estate. In fact, it is generally seen as a detriment to the experience. Not so at Wild Dunes, the low country architecture is so bright, charming and different that we find it to be as much a pleasure as the golf course itself. We love the balconies, boat jetties and different angles of the designs.
7. Walking on the property is another delight. Its walkways and bike paths meander through mature trees and lush foliage. And bike rentals, a tennis center and a harbor provide additional recreational opportunities.
8. While there is more than enough to do on property the proximity to the historic city of Charleston and all it offers is another plus for Wild Dunes.
9. There’s an overall ambiance at Wild Dunes that’s unusually relaxing, stress free and invigorating and that’s before you check out the spa, which like everything else is world-class.
10. The marshes provide an amazing variety of wildlife. Every day we saw alligators, pelicans, cranes, rabbits and animals of every size and shape.
Visit: Wild Dunes Resort